The police on Thursday said they have arrested alleged gang leader Balogun Olamilekan Eletu, Sammy Larry, as widely known, in connection to the ongoing investigation into the controversial death of Afrobeats musician Promise Aloba, whose stage name was Mohbad.
“Balogun Olamilekan Eletu, aka Sam Larry, is now in our custody. He is currently assisting with an ongoing investigation,” the police said in an update on Thursday.
Sam Larry was named as a person of interest in the ongoing investigation into the circumstances surrounding the sudden death of Mohbad a few weeks ago. He is a known ally of musician Azeez Fashola aka Naira Marley, who is another person of interest in the case.
- Man sells his supermarket for N40m, relocates family abroad, wife “betrays” him in Canada
- Victor Osimhen, Oshoala make final shortlist of CAF awards
- I Did Not Scam Nigerians, Transgender Jayboogie Speaks Out Amid BBL Fraud
- Bolanle Ninalowo flaunts new woman actress Damilola, months after divorce from wife
- Shettima’s aide replies Peter Obi over N15b planned renovation of VP’s residence
Footages that emerged following the death of Mohbad on September 12th documented the series of abuses and maltreatment the deceased was subjected to after he departed from the Naira Marley-owned Marlian Records label.
In one of those footages, Sam Larry, who singer Portable name-dropped as the founder of the notorious ‘One Million Boys’ gang known for assaults, armed robbery and raping, could be seen disrupting a Mohbad video shoot set alongside Omoniyi Temidayo aka Zlatan.Sam Larry had been out of the country since the footage started circulating online, but a video posted on social media late on Thursday showed him being escorted by three men from the airport.