In a bid to secure the musical rights of the works of the late singer, Ilerioluwa Aloba, popularly known as Mohbad, the House of Representatives, on Thursday, summoned controversial singer Azeez Fashola, Naira Marley, to appear before it.
The House Committee on Justice, Youth and Legislative Compliance, also invited Mohbad’s manager, Jiggy Adeoye, to appear on October 31.Mohbad, a former signee in Naira Marley’s record label, died on September 12, 2023, in controversial circumstances.
- D’Prince’s music label, Jonzing World announces first female artist
- Why Moses Bliss Left Southern Nigerian Girls and Married from Ghana – Reno Omokri Reveals
- VIDEO: Abuja Residents Loot A Truck Carrying Food Items In Dei-Dei Area
- Cattle Dealers Drag Abia Govt to Court over Plan to Make Market Non-Residential
- FOSAD Congratulates Prof Barth Nnaji on the Commissioning of $800 Million Geometric Power Plant in Aba
The Lagos State Government ordered a coroner’s inquest into the death of the 27-year-old singer.
The House resolution followed the adoption of a motion moved by Babajimi Benson, the lawmaker representing Ikorodu Federal Constituency, Lagos State on Thursday.
Benson emphasised the need to review the laws governing the entertainment industry in a bid to safeguard artists’ copyrights and royalties.