Kano governorship tribunal orders rerun election between APC and NNPP
In a landmark decision, the Kano State Gubernatorial Election Tribunal has ruled in favour of a rerun election in Kano State between the All Progressives Congress (APC) and the New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP).
The tribunal’s ruling follows a legal challenge brought by the APC, contesting the outcome of the previous gubernatorial election in the state.
The Kano Gubernatorial Election Tribunal, after a thorough examination of the evidence and arguments presented by both parties, found merit in the APC’s petition and declared that irregularities and substantial non-compliance with electoral laws had occurred during the initial election.
- Man sells his supermarket for N40m, relocates family abroad, wife “betrays” him in Canada
- Victor Osimhen, Oshoala make final shortlist of CAF awards
- I Did Not Scam Nigerians, Transgender Jayboogie Speaks Out Amid BBL Fraud
- Bolanle Ninalowo flaunts new woman actress Damilola, months after divorce from wife
- Shettima’s aide replies Peter Obi over N15b planned renovation of VP’s residence
As a result, the tribunal ordered a rerun election in Kano State, with the APC and NNPP candidates as the leading contenders.
The Independent National Electoral Commission will determine the date for the rerun election, and both parties are expected to engage in rigorous campaigns to secure the electorate’s support