Jimmy Odukoya, the first son of pastor Taiwo Odukoya, late the founder of the Fountain of Life Church, has been appointed as the new general overseer of the denomination, BONA NAIJA has learnt.
The declaration was announced by Rotimi Okpaise during a service on Sunday – he said Mr Jimmy, a Nollywood actor and musician was unanimously elected by the board of trustees (BoT). Mr Okpaise also noted that the late founder of the church, Mr Odukoya, who died aged 67 in the United States in August, had told the BoT members about his succession plan before his death.
- Man sells his supermarket for N40m, relocates family abroad, wife “betrays” him in Canada
- Victor Osimhen, Oshoala make final shortlist of CAF awards
- I Did Not Scam Nigerians, Transgender Jayboogie Speaks Out Amid BBL Fraud
- Bolanle Ninalowo flaunts new woman actress Damilola, months after divorce from wife
- Shettima’s aide replies Peter Obi over N15b planned renovation of VP’s residence
“The board has chosen Saturday, September 30, 2023, as the date of Jimmy’s installation,” Mr Okpaise told the congregation. Mr Jimmy will now serve as the senior pastor of the church, as well as the chairperson of the board. Mr Jimmy is well known for his lead role as ‘Oba Ade’ in Netflix’s ‘Woman King’ movie.
He has also featured in movies such as ‘Lifting the Veil’, ‘I am Nazzy’, and ‘Oga Pastor’, among others.