Napoli striker, Victor Osimhen, was named as the Italian Footballers’ Association Footballer of the Year for his stellar showing with Neopolitans last season.
The award ceremony held on Monday night, also had other accolades, including the team of the year, coach of the year, club of the year, and goal of the season.Osimhen’s 26 goals were instrumental in helping the Partenopei win their first Scudde in 33 years.
- D’Prince’s music label, Jonzing World announces first female artist
- Why Moses Bliss Left Southern Nigerian Girls and Married from Ghana – Reno Omokri Reveals
- VIDEO: Abuja Residents Loot A Truck Carrying Food Items In Dei-Dei Area
- Cattle Dealers Drag Abia Govt to Court over Plan to Make Market Non-Residential
- FOSAD Congratulates Prof Barth Nnaji on the Commissioning of $800 Million Geometric Power Plant in Aba
This feat has also seen the Nigerian nominated for many awards, including the FIFA Best and Balon d’Or.He was also included in the Serie team of the year alongside Mike Maignan, Giovanni Di Lorenzo, Kim Min-jae, Andrea Bastoni, Theo Hernández, Stanislav Lobotka, Hakan Çalhanoğlu, Nicolo Barella, Rafael Leão, and Khvicha Kvaratskhelia.
Despite a tougher start to the 2023-24 campaign and recent struggles with injury, Osimhen has continued his impressive goals-per-game ratio, with six from 10 after the 14 games.