The court of Appeal sitting in Lagos has upheld the sack of Hon. Ijere Obinna Anthony of the Labour as the member representing Udenu Constituency in the state House of Assembly.
On September 30th, a three-man panel led by Honourable Justice Adie Attoe Onyebueke while delivering their judgment on the petition filed by the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Solomon Izuchukwu Onah, averred that the Labour Party’s candidate wasn’t qualified to stand for the election because he didn’t resign from his place of work (University of Nigeria Nsukka) within the stipulated time in line with the new electoral act.
- D’Prince’s music label, Jonzing World announces first female artist
- Why Moses Bliss Left Southern Nigerian Girls and Married from Ghana – Reno Omokri Reveals
- VIDEO: Abuja Residents Loot A Truck Carrying Food Items In Dei-Dei Area
- Cattle Dealers Drag Abia Govt to Court over Plan to Make Market Non-Residential
- FOSAD Congratulates Prof Barth Nnaji on the Commissioning of $800 Million Geometric Power Plant in Aba
Displeased with the judgement, the Labour Party candidate went to the appeal court to challenge the decision of the tribunal.
However, in their judgement today, the appellate court dismissed the appeal for lacking in merit and upheld the decision of the lower court.
The Court ordered the electoral umpire to issue a certificate of return to Hon. Onah accordingly.