Two secondary schools in Nawfia, Anambra State Community Secondary School and Comprehensive Secondary School were affected by fires over the weekend.
The fires, originating from a nearby bush, damaged the school buildings. Fortunately, there were no reported casualties.
- President Bola Tinubu appoints new AMCON CEO, names three executive directors
- Dani Alves’ ex-wife shares selfie on Instagram just hours after the former Barcelona full-back was sentenced to four and a half years in jail for r@pe.
- The management of the University of Ilorin has expelled 14 students of the institution, including 500 level students,
- BREAKING: Police release Abure on bail
- President Tinubu appoints Kemi Nandap as Immigration Comptroller-General
The State Fire Service responded to the incidents, and investigations into the cause of the fires are recommended.
However, authorities are urged to implement preventive measures to safeguard schools and students from such incidents, especially during the harmattan season.