The organisers of the Ballon d’Or have announced a collaboration with UEFA ahead of the award ceremony which will be hosted in 2024.
The French organisers had initially had a partnership with FIFA for seven years which ended in 2016. The award was known as the FIFA Ballon d’Or, but since 2016, FIFA has run its own Best Awards.
“UEFA and Groupe Amaury, owners of media companies France Football and L’Équipe, have today announced a partnership to co-organise the renowned Ballon d’Or from 2024. Together, UEFA and Groupe Amaury aim to enhance the stature and global reach of the awards while fostering a sense of unity and collaboration within the football community.”
- I Did Not Scam Nigerians, Transgender Jayboogie Speaks Out Amid BBL Fraud
- Bolanle Ninalowo flaunts new woman actress Damilola, months after divorce from wife
- Shettima’s aide replies Peter Obi over N15b planned renovation of VP’s residence
- VIDEO: The Muslim Clerics In The North Sold A Fraudulent Muslim-Muslim Ticket – Usman Yusuf
- Imo Poll: Supreme Court Strikes Out Ihedioha’s Suit Against Gov Uzodimma
The Ballon d’Or awards will be co-organised by UEFA and Groupe Amaury, the publishers of France Football and L’Equipe from next year (2024).
The deal means that UEFA will scrap its own player of the year award, which is given to the best players in the UEFA Champions League.This year’s Ballon d’Or was held Monday, October 30, 2023, in Paris with Lionel Messi winning the men’s prize for the eighth time, while Aitana Bonmatí won the women’s award.