Super Talented Nigerian singer Yemi Alade was the center of attraction at the opening ceremony of the Africa Cup of Nations 2023 (AFCON) as she took to the stage with her colleagues to deliver a memorable performance of the theme song for the tournament.
Clad in the traditional Ankara attire with stunning hair decorations to represent the richness and beauty of the African culture Yemi Alade alongside legendary Ivorian group Magic System and Egyptian singer Mohamed Ramadan all took to the stage to perform the theme song for AFCON 2023 titled ‘Akwaba,’ which symbolizes welcome in the Baoule language of Cote d’Ivoire.
- President Bola Tinubu appoints new AMCON CEO, names three executive directors
- Dani Alves’ ex-wife shares selfie on Instagram just hours after the former Barcelona full-back was sentenced to four and a half years in jail for r@pe.
- The management of the University of Ilorin has expelled 14 students of the institution, including 500 level students,
- BREAKING: Police release Abure on bail
- President Tinubu appoints Kemi Nandap as Immigration Comptroller-General
It was an unforgettable experience for the singer as well as over 60000 fans present at the stadium and the viewers who tuned in from the comfort of their homes as well as the singer belted the song and also showed her stunning dance moves during the performance.
Watch the performance below: