News

Judith Amaechi Denies Wike’s ₦4 Billion NDDC Allegation, Dares Him to Publish Proof or Resign

Published

on

Share for social good

Dame Judith Amaechi, wife of former Minister of Transportation Rotimi Amaechi, has denied allegations by the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, that she and her non-governmental organisation, the Empowerment Support Initiative (ESI), received ₦4 billion monthly from the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC).

The denial was issued in a statement released on Tuesday by her media assistant, Dike Bekwele, who described Wike’s claims as “utterly baseless,” “untrue,” and politically motivated.

Earlier this month, during an appearance on Channels Television’s Politics Today, Wike alleged that Mrs. Amaechi and the ESI diverted ₦4 billion monthly meant for women’s training in the Niger Delta. The comment came amid ongoing tensions between Wike and the former Rivers State governor, Rotimi Amaechi.

Reacting to the allegation, Bekwele said the claim had “jostled well-meaning Nigerians” and demanded clarification.

“There is absolutely no iota of veracity in the allegation made by Mr. Wike against Dame Amaechi and the Empowerment Support Initiative,” the statement read. “Dame Amaechi did not and has never received ₦4 billion monthly from the NDDC.”

According to Bekwele, ESI is a registered non-governmental organisation founded in 2011 to support human capacity development in the Niger Delta. He said the organisation entered a counterpart funding partnership with the NDDC to implement skills acquisition and youth empowerment programmes in the region.

“The partnership has been successfully executed to the satisfaction of both ESI and the NDDC, with numerous women and youth benefitting across the region,” he added.

On Wike’s claim that ESI or Mrs. Amaechi was indicted in the NDDC forensic audit, Bekwele said the accusation was “absurd” and “a figment of Mr. Wike’s imagination.” He noted that the audit report has not been made public and challenged the FCT Minister to publish it if it exists.

“We challenge Mr. Wike to make public the version of the forensic audit report that contains any such indictment. If he fails to do so, he should resign from his position and apologise to the nation,” the statement said.

It concluded with a warning to Wike, accusing him of making unsubstantiated statements that could damage Nigeria’s reputation.

“May we advise Mr. Wike to stop bringing the country’s image to disrepute, as his uncouth and uncultured attitude is capable of undermining the nation’s efforts at attracting foreign investors.”

The latest exchange marks another chapter in the protracted political rivalry between Wike and Amaechi, two of Rivers State’s most influential political figures.

Follow BONA NAIJA for more


Share for social good

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Trending

Exit mobile version